Chicken in an Alfredo Sauce by Callie-Anna Samuel
Chicken in alfredo sauce is a very popular dish across the world. It is favored and enjoyed in many different ways and can be prepared fairly easily. Its combination of delicious flavors provides a delicate Italian savor that pleases every single taste bud. Its ingredients, such as fettuccine noodles, chicken breasts, and Parmesan cheese are very simple and easy to access.
This recipe is easy and can be whipped up in about thirty minutes. Some of its ingredients can be removed altogether or even supplemented for others based upon one’s specific preferences. For example, the chicken can be eliminated and the kinds of cheese substituted with ones more vegan; this can be made for someone who does not consume meat. The chicken can even be accompanied by or substituted with shrimp. The options are very wide, and they all can create an exceptional dish.
Alfredo can be served with a side of toasted, garlic bread which would only enhance the amazing flavors it offers. It is for these reasons why alfredo is loved in the way that it is. It is surely a favorite of mine and after this recipe, I am positive it would become one of yours. Have fun cooking!
- 12 ounces of fettuccine or penne pasta
- 2 skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- 1 stick of butter
- Salt and black pepper
- A mixture of grinded chives, celery, and garlic
- Chili flakes
Preparation time: thirty (30) minutes
Serves: four (4) persons
1. Allow a large pot of water to boil. Once it has started boiling, add pasta and salt. Boil for approximately ten (10) minutes, until pasta is al dente; tender but still firm enough to maintain its shape. Strain water and rinse pasta.
2. While pasta is boiling, cut chicken breasts into ½ inch strips and rinse and season with salt, black pepper, and a mixture of grinded chives, celery, and garlic.
3. Preheat a large skillet pan over medium heat. Cover the bottom with olive oil and add the seasoned chicken once the oil has heated. Allow chicken to cook until brown; approximately eight minutes. Once finished, remove and place in a separate bowl.
4. In another pan, use the butter to grease the bottom of the pan. Once it has melted, add the heavy cream and whisk to prevent curdling. Keep heat low.
5. Add cheese into the cream and whisk to form a thick sauce. Season lightly with nutmeg, black pepper, and paprika. Add chicken into the mixture and stir. Maintain the low heat and add pasta. Stir carefully to evenly mix the chicken and sauce into the pasta. Add chili flakes and parsley.
6. Remove from heat and serve hot.
When I first was talking to Callie-Anna about writing a guest blog, she was talking about her cooking. One of the things she said summed up cooking very well.
“Sometimes I fail miserably but the fun of cooking exceeds the failure.”
That is the thing cooking is fun
Our Guest Food Blogger:
Callie-Anna Samuel is a Freelance Writer who resides in Trinidad and Tobago. She is currently only twenty (20) years of age and is pursuing a career in Criminal Psychology. Her passion, however, is writing and her love for words is greatly reflected through her pieces. She is currently completing her own fiction novel and hopes to write a number of books throughout her life.
I tried this today. It turned out super yummy.